The Alhambra Museum occupies the south wing of the ground floor of the Carlos V Palace. It is distributed in seven rooms, the first one with thematic content and the rest in chronological order.
The best existing collection of Hispano-Muslim art
From the first moments the Alhambra palaces were inhabited by the Catholic Monarchs, the remaining trousseau was protected, reused and enjoyed in the new Court. Over the centuries, preserved architectural objects and remains were arranged decorating the rooms and were also stored in different spaces of the Precinct. Subsequently, those findings from the excavations carried out in the Alhambra were gathered for conservation.
The number and quality of the Alhambra Museum Funds makes it the best existing collection of Hispano-Muslim art and especially Nazari Art.
The Archaeological Museum of the Alhambra was created in 1940, in 1962 it was renamed the National Museum of Spanish-Muslim Art and since 1994 it was attached to the Board of the Alhambra and the Generalife, with the name of the Alhambra Museum.