Center of Art
The Center of Art watches over the entirety of works related to the interpretation of cultural heritage protection. His main task is:
- Care for expanding collections by collecting information about art objects offered for purchase, drawing up opinions and expert opinions;
- Scientific elaboration of the collections of the Royal Castle, including: drawing up scientific catalog cards, research on the collections of the Royal Castle, entering data into the MONA system;
- Conducting research on the iconography of castle interiors, developing guidelines in the field of their interior design, scientific preparation of the Foundation’s collections, operating at the Royal Castle;
- Enriching the permanent exhibition with new facilities in accordance with the findings of the Interior Committee;
- Supervision of the aesthetic state of museum interiors;
- Substantive supervision over the design and implementation of the castle gardens and their current ones care;
- Implementation of temporary exhibitions within the scope determined by the Director;
- Substantive guidelines for reconstruction works, commissioning of works and supervision over implementation;
- Improving qualifications through participation in scientific sessions and conferences, study trips and other forms of scientific information exchange.
The Castle as a Museum is a public institution subordinate to the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
Historical Research Center
Castle also has the Historical Research Center. The duties of the Historical Research Center include:
- developing and sharing in various forms information on the history of the Castle Royal from the beginning of its existence to the present day;
- conducting research on the history of the royal court, parliamentarism and institutions formerly headquarters in the Royal Castle; research on the history of castle collections and the history of collecting;
- collecting and making available (according to the rules agreed with the Archive) documentation archival and iconographic on the subject of the former interior of the Royal Castle, their equipment and harvest;
- collecting documentation on the former inhabitants of the Royal Castle and the fate of the works plays belonging to him in the past (in particular: revindication after the Treaty of Riga) 1921, history of State Art Collections, revindication issues in the context of losses incurred as a result of World War II);
- ongoing consultations regarding the reconstruction of castle interiors.