Charles of Bourbon bought the feud of Caserta, where he wanted to create the new “administrative capital” of the Kingdom.
The construction of the Royal Palace begins.
Begin the works of delimitation of the area for the Royal Park and the planting of the first plants.
Begins the construction of the Theatre.
Charles of Bourbon leaves Naples and the construction of the complex slows down.
The Castelluccia tower is rebuilt and the Theatre is inaugurated.
Luigi Vanvitelli dies, and the building is still far from being finished.
The English Garden is assigned to gardener and botanist John Andrew Graefer in cooperation with the architect Carlo Vanvitelli, son of Luigi.
The works are taken over by Ferdinand IV.
The Aperia is transformed into a greenhouse.
The Royal residence, inhabited since 1780, is finished under Ferdinand II.
The Royal Palace is disposed of by the Crown of the Royal House of Savoy and becomes part of the heritage of the State of Italy.
The unconditional surrender of the Nazi Germany to the Anglo-American Allied forces is signed in the royal apartments.
The exhibition Terrae Motus is exposed permanently in the Royal Palace.
The Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.