- 1842 José do Canto marries Maria Guilhermina Taveira de Neiva Frias Brum da Silveira (owner of the lands on which José do Canto planted his botanical Garden)
- 1843 José do Canto ordered from the architect David Mocatta of London the project of the Park and Palace.
- 1845 The (abovementioned) project was ready.
- From the 40’s up to 1898 (the year of José do Canto’s death) – continuous expansion of the park and its botanical enrichment.
- 1806 Dr. Edmond Goeze, director of the Botanical Garden of Coimbra, visited S.Miguel and José do Canto Botanical Garden.
- 1898 José do Canto dies
- 1937 José do Canto’s daughter dies, Margarida Brum do Canto Hintze Ribeiro, and the garden is divided into two fractions of unequal size. One corresponding to the extreme north of the property where there was a house (inherited by Antonio Brum do Canto Hintze Ribeiro, Margarida’s Son), and a bigger area with the remaining part of the garden (inherited by Maria da Graça, Margarida’s grand-daughter)
- 1936 Maria da Graça marries Augusto de Athayde and the property is still owned by their descendants.