First built in early 19th Century by prince Garsevan Chavchavadze, ambassador of the Georgian king to the Russian empire. Since 1811 ownership of the estate transferred to Prince Alexander Chavchavadze (upon death of Garsevan Chavchavadze and he started to redesign the garden in a romantic style. Combination of Georgian and European landscape architecture.
In 1823 Alexander builds underground clay piping system for irrigation of the garden. He also expands garden and it now incorporates over 2 acres of land.
Garden is burned down after the invasion of Caucasian mountainous troops.
Tsinandali estate was bought by the Romanov family.
Due tue the visit of Romanov family members, garden was redesigned into a later 19th C style. Master landscape designer: Arnold Regel (1846-1917)
- 1918 - 1921
Garden is part of the national trust of vine factory of Tsinandali.
- 1921 - 19460
Tsianndali Palaca and garden is turned into a wine factory worker’s private hotel garden.
Tsinandali Alexander Chavchavadze House Museum opened and garden turned into a public space.
Georgian National park status since 1987, 21st of Aug. #430 decree. Garden became part of national heritage. (but despite the title it is still poorly managed)
Garden management transferred to a private company for 49 years.
Restoration of the presoviet patterns begun.
- 2017 - 2019
Tsinandali Estate became the most visited garden and museum in the country. (128.000 per year and still counting).