Description of the Garden
In the so-called Granxa da Serra, germ of the later Pazo, there was a part, around the house, that was occupied by the garden or the park of this time we have the presence of magnolias and camellias that surround the pazo and that were planted in 1840-1850. The fountains are located around the main building, one of them dated from 1802 and the granary from 1789. The pazo dates from the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century, other important elements that complete the garden are the greenhouse, the table of stone, the Rías park and the cave of mirrors.
The Lourizán Botanical Garden
The Lourizán Botanical Garden was created in 1949 with the main objective of research and experimentation but at the same time with a didactic and recreational purpose, currently occupying 36 Ha of the 52 Ha that the property has. Between 1949 and 1964 the Arboretum was created and numerous species were introduced and thus the Castanetum (collection of species, hybrids and clones of the genus Castanea), the Coniferetum (collection of conifers) and the Eucalyptetum (collection of eucalyptus) was formed. Since 1984, a good number of taxa have been planted in various areas of the Botanical Garden, creating the Parque de las Autonomías and expanding the Castanetum, Coniferetum and Eucalyptetum in turn.