The Historical Garden of the Pazo de Quiñones de León dates from the end of the 19th century, the realization of its design was ordered by the Marqués de Alcedo and María de los Milagros Elduayen, VIII Marchioness of Valladares. Its location is adjacent to the pazo, on a prominent farmland.
The authorship of the design and construction of the gardens is unknown, although the influenza of the gardening currents in force at that time in the region of Vigo, was not only Portuguese, but also French and Belgian accredited, this fact, by the settlement of families with a long gardening tradition such as the "Turc" and the "Philippot". In 1924 it was donated to the Vigo City Council.
Ornamental and exotic plants
Today, the gardens present numerous varieties of ornamental and exotic plants, some centuries old, with species such as the French garden camellia, whose age is around two hundred years, Virginia tulip trees and the prairie magnolias, among which is the largest in Galicia. It has 15 monumental trees and 115 species, some included in the catalogue of singular trees.